|Year of Starting||1998 with AICTE Approval- with an intake of 60 students|
|Accreditation||NBA accredited for three years|
|Highlights||The department has grown steadily and today it has 12 highly dedicated faculty and 168 students.|
Established in the year 1998, the department of instrumentation and control engineering, today has more than 200 students. The department is accredited by the National board of accreditation and is backed by highly qualified faculty and supporting staff. The department has an excellent academic record has produced 6 university Gold medals both under Madras university and Anna University. Has also produced a total of 67 university ranks including the gold medals .The department has bagged the FIRST RANK among the colleges offering ICE course in Tamilnadu based on the results of the examination held from 2008 onwards and thereafter.
The department is equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities and has well equipped laboratories in the related fields. The department places strong emphasis on fundamentals and allows the students to handle sophisticated equipments like DCS. PLC , closed loop control for flow, level, temperature processes ,non-linear processes using conventional controllers interfaced with computers to have practical training on industrial standards. The use of computer software such as MATLAB, P-SPICE, LABVIEW are taught to the students, which enable them to do in-house Projects in their final year and prepare them for higher studies. The department has excellent industry – institution through MoU which enables the students to take up value added courses like training in Yokogawa DCS and PLC, Real time applications of Lab View, Matlab based control system design, Yashkawa robotics and so on. Our students are actively associated with industries through various real time projects, in-plant trainings and a host of industrial visits with leading industries like CPCL, Tamil Nadu Cements, AIR,NLC, Ennore thermal power station, Salem steel plant, IGCAR in Kalpakkam, Seshasayee paper mills in Erode and Aavin milk production units in Chennai . A well-established departmental library enriches the learning experience. The Placement record of the department is excelling and is towering to almost 90% every year, with students getting placed in core companies with highest salary of 7.15 Lakhs.
Our Department Produced the First Gold Medalist for the Institution
- The Department poses an excellent and progressive academic record. The Department has been producing good results with distinction and Ranks in University Examinations a total of 67 university ranks including 6 Gold medals
- Department bagged the Academic Excellence awards during the year 2004-05, 2010-11and 2009-13.
- Department has won Academic Excellence award Sponsored by Educators matters.
- Department bagged the ISA BEST STUDENT CHAPTER AWARD year 2010-11.
- WON TCS Best outgoing student award for the batch 2006-2010, 2009-2013.
- Department students have won Project awards like ISTE best project award, INAE Best Project award.
- Students have successfully completed Sponsored projects granted by various Govt organizations like – TNSCST, IEDC, NIOT
- Placement Excellence award got in the year : 2004-2005
- MOU’s signed with various companies YOKOGAWA INDIA pvt Ltd,AXIS GLOBAL AUTOMATION pvt Ltd, TECHNOCRAT AUTOMATION pvt.Ltd, PROLIFIC AUTOMATION pvt.ltd, TRIDENTTECH Labs Chennai
- CSIR sponsored Rs30, 000/- for academic year 11-12 under workshop /Seminar grant for conducting 2 day workshop on “Smart Sensors for Industrial Applications”
- Grant obtained under AICTE Rs. 15,00,000/- for the academic year 2010-2011 under MODROB scheme for setting up Advanced Virtual Instrumentation Lab
- The department through an association termed as ICON conducts various activities like guest lectures, seminars, workshops and short time training programmes for students
- The department is an active member of the prestigious ISA student charter (International society of automation) which organizes various seminars and workshops. Presently, all the final year students are members of this Professional body.
- The students and faculty members are associated with various other professional bodies like ISTE, IEEE, ISOI, IETE, AMIE which enables both the faculty and students to update their knowledge on the current trends in the field of Instrumentation and Control engineering.
- National level symposium and conferences are organized every year by the department not only for the purpose of improving technical knowledge of the students but also for improving their organization capabilities and teamwork.
- Over and above the curriculum Pre final year students are encouraged to do mini project, develop prototype by applying their practical knowledge.
- Our students are guided to present papers in various national, International conferences and Journal.
- Our students are encouraged to actively participate in NCC and NSS activities